It's hard to believe Tyler turned 2 months old the day after Christmas. Time is going by too quickly and he is growing so fast. He has changed a lot in the past two months, so I thought I'd use the blog to write down the things about Tyler at 2 months that I don't want to forget.
- It drives Mike crazy, but I like to use Mike's ebay scale to see how much Tyler weighs every week. On his 2 month birthday, Tyler weighed around 10lbs. 4oz. and measured approximately 22 inches. Tyler finally stopped wearing his newborn clothes around 7 weeks and started wearing 0-3 month outfits, though they looked so big on him at that time. He's almost 10 weeks old now, so he's finally starting to fill them out.
- Right before turning 8 weeks old, Tyler starting sleeping 8 hour stretches most nights, so we are very fortunate to not be sleep deprived with him. He has always been a remarkable sleeper, sleeping 3-4 hours each night from the very beginning. Before the 8 hour stretches started, he would wake up anywhere between 1am-3am and then again between 5am-6am after going to bed around 10pm. He loves his moses basket and, with the exception of a few nights the first month of his life, he has always gone right back to sleep after eating in the middle of the night.
- For the first two months, Tyler slept most of the day as well. Since right after Christmas though, Tyler has started to stay awake more during the day. He loves his vibrating bouncy seat, so he will usually just sit and stare at the ceiling fan, me or his sisters (and Daddy when he is home).
- On his 2 month birthday, Tyler smiled for the first time when Grace was repeating "Good morning, Tyler" to him over and over. Such a sweet memory for us to have witnessed!
- While Tyler was inside of me, I could not get over how much he hiccuped. . . I would feel him hiccuping two or three times everyday. During his first month, he continued to hiccup just as much. Now his hiccups have substantially reduced to once a day or every other day.
- During his second month, Tyler also stopped grunting as much. Instead of the ear piercing cry the girls had as newborns, Tyler would grunt. It was so cute, I'm missing that we don't hear it very often anymore.
- Tyler is still nursing every 2-3 hours during the day. He only seems to cry when he is hungry, so I know my cue very well.
- One story I have to tell, because I definitely don't want to forget it, is Grace's observation when I would change Tyler's diaper. After a couple of weeks at home and watching me change Tyler's diaper, Grace burst out, "Look Mommy, Tyler has a 'crayon' on his butt!" I love seeing things through the eyes of a 4 1/2 year old!
An individual at Mike's office gave us a 12 month Gerber onesie embroidered with his name on it. We took a picture of Tyler in the onesie around 3 weeks of age and again at 2 months. I will try to take a picture of him in it every month so we can watch him grow.
I love the pictures in the onesie! What a great idea.
ReplyDelete