Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Deals Deals Deals

Mike and I always look for deals, whether it is Buy One, Get One free at Publix, shopping at Marshall's or TJMaxx, searching for online coupons or free shipping, etc.  If I could just remember to bring the coupons I clip from the Sunday paper to Publix and Target each week, I'd do even better :) 

Last year at this time, I scored BIG when I just happened to be in Target the day they were putting all their excess toys on clearance for 75% off.  I got some really great stuff for really cheap and used the toys for birthday gifts and even Christmas this past year.  Fortunately (or unfortunately), I did pretty good this year too.  I think Target had less excess inventory after this Christmas season, so when they dropped those toys to 50% off, Mike and I both went at different times and got some great deals.  Now this past weekend our Walmart down the street marked a lot of their toys down 50% . 

Because Tyler's closet now looks like a toy store (not to mention there are also toys in my closet), I'm bound and determined to return some of the "deals" we found and also make a run to Salvation Army with toys and books the girls don't even look at anymore.  The trick is to not let my husband (who's really just a big kid) look through the Salvation Army bags first, otherwise the toys will just find their way back to the playroom. 

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back to more pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I was at target yesterday and they had everything from clothes to toys to all the baby items marked down to 50-75% off. They were really getting ready for the upcoming baby shower season.

    ReplyDelete