Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sweet Home Chicago

Mike traveled to Chicago for a conference Friday morning and returned last night (insert "sniff sniff" because I was not able to go with him and visit my hometown).  The kids and I managed fairly well while he was gone.  Unfortunately, school was cancelled early on Friday because "winter weather" hit our neck of the woods.  And by winter weather, I mean rain and a little sleet (doesn't take much for school to get cancelled here!).  But on the bright side, my mom came home a little early from her bridge tournament as well.  So while Mike was enjoying good food and company in Chi-town, I was able to hang out with the neighbors for an hour on Friday night and go out Saturday night as well to celebrate our neighbor's birthday.   It was great getting a break from the kids, but I found myself looking at the clock the whole time hoping Tyler would take the bottle from my mom.  Of course, he did without any problems!

Here's a picture of the girls yesterday playing with Play-Doh.  I wish playing together could always be this peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment