Friday, January 22, 2010

And then there's POOP!

When Grace was a baby, I remember hearing so many times how much easier it is to change a boy's diaper when they poop.  Because of the extra body part, the poop stays much more contained and does not require as much cleanup, right?  As I've quickly learned with my first boy, that statement is so far from the truth. . . or maybe it's only my boy! 

At about 7 weeks old, Tyler stopped pooping regularly.  We called the pediatrician's office after 3 days of no bowel movement and learned this can be quite normal for breastfed babies. . . we were told to call back if nothing happened after a week.  Well, of course, right at a week, Tyler relieved himself. . . let's just say I probably used half the case of wipes to clean him up.  Tyler's almost 13 weeks now and pooping once a week, if not longer, is his routine.

So, today was the first poopy diaper I've changed in 9 days - I think that's his record so far.  I'll definitely refrain from posting a picture to document this new record.  Suffice it to say, this morning's blowout was quite memorable for me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment