
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
ER.
I fully expected to be posting pictures of Claire's Valentine's party at school today since I was the party mom for this holiday. Unfortunately, I never made it to the party as I received a call from the school at 12:30pm that Grace had fallen in the gym and gashed open her chin. On a typical day, I would have had Mike meet me at the school to look at Grace since I don't deal very well with blood and cuts. But of course, there are six days a year that Mike sees patients an hour and a half away and this was one of those days. However, after I took one glance at the wound, I knew we had to visit the ER. The thought of taking 3 kids to the ER was a little daunting, so fortunately my mom was able to pick up Claire from school at the last minute and Grace, Tyler, and I headed to the pediatric ER. The ER was much quicker than I expected and we were only there for a little over an hour. Grace did great and now has 5 stitches in her chin. Here's some pictures I took from my blackberry. Obviously, they are not the greatest quality, but they show our adventures in the ER: (1) In the waiting area; (2) Numbing her chin; (3) Getting wrapped like a burrito; and (4) Grace's favorite part, the popsicle reward. Hope we don't have to visit the ER again anytime soon!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The burrito is new to me -- very interesting. Glad Grace handled it well!!! Isn't it nice to have a children's hospital so you aren't sitting next to the meth o.d. case or a gunshot victim in the waiting room??? :)
ReplyDelete