Friday, February 5, 2010

Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child

I have to blog about Marc Weissbluth's book Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child because I LOVE this book.  My Aunt Sue gave this book to me when I had Grace.  Grace was a phenomenal sleeper and started sleeping through the night very early.  But getting her to initally fall asleep at night and during nap was hard once she became aware of her surroundings.  This book was so helpful to me as a first time parent in understanding different ways of getting her to actually fall asleep.  I again used this book with Claire who was colicky and am using this again with Tyler.

I always forget from child to child when they should start napping and for how long, so I turned to this book last night to remind myself.  I read Weissbuth's section on sleeping babies who are 3-4 months old and woke up this morning ready to implement his techniques.  Tyler did great with his morning nap in his crib around 9am.  I put him there before he was too tired and he fell asleep without even crying.  I'm sure it won't be this easy everyday, but thanks to Weissbluth's book, I at least feel prepared.  I know there are many sleep books out there, but this one works for us. . . maybe it will work for you!

On another note, we tried out the bumbo this morning before nap.  Tyler enjoyed it for about 5 minutes. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment