Friday, February 26, 2010

Cake.

My birthday was on Wednesday.  From the moment the girls woke up, they were constantly reminding me that it was my birthday and telling everyone they saw.  They were also singing and dancing at the thought of birthday cake.  Since Mike was on call on my birthday, I tried to prepare the girls that we might not have birthday cake since (1) Mike might not get home before bedtime and (2) I thought odds of him remembering a birthday cake would be slim to none.  Of course, the girls did not listen to me and continued to sing and dance about having birthday cake after dinner.   Fortunately, our dear neighbor Tina must have heard my girls and brought over birthday cupcakes right before dinner.  The girls were in heaven and Tina saved me from the screams and crying I would have endured with no birthday cake in the house. 







And for those who were wondering, my dear husband actually stopped by Publix on his way home from the hospital to buy cake.  Lucky me, the girls were getting ready for bed when he got home, so I got to enjoy the big yummy cake all to myself. . . at least for one night, that is :)

1 comment: