Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"I Want Mommy To Be Happy With Me!"

It amazes me how my girls are so similar, yet different.  Both are stubborn, strong willed little girls.  I know these traits will serve them well later in life. . . it's just challenging to handle as their parent right now.

Though both girls drive me crazy at times, Grace definitely tends to push my buttons more than Claire.  Grace can never take no for an answer and will continually ask for something in her whining voice until I raise my voice at her.   Claire, on the other hand, hates to get in trouble and will cry immediately if scolded.  Within seconds of being reprimanded, Claire will so innocently with sad eyes say to me, "I want Mommy to be happy with me."   How can I stay mad when hearing that? 

I'm sure my mom is reading this and getting a good chuckle as I know she and I are both thinking the same thing. . . my two girls are repeating the same history of me and my brother.  It's obviously not too hard to figure out that Grace is more similar to me and Claire is more similar to Mark.  

Too bad I never figured out how to be more like Mark when it came to staying on Mom's good side during our childhood years.  I can only hope that Grace will change history and will take a page out of Claire's book. . . but somehow I doubt it :)

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. Finley has a hard time listening, and doesn't really care when he gets in trouble. When Declan does something naughty (which is actually pretty rare), all I have to do is say his name in *that* tone of voice, and he cries. He is just so much more sensitive to being corrected. It is funny to see how they are similar and yet so different!

    ReplyDelete