

Of course, temperatures got to 40 degrees by 11am, so the snow melted quickly. But I did get the girls outside in the nick of time to make some snowballs. . .




Our neighbors even made a good sized "snowgirl."

While I took the kids outside, Mike was working on my Valentine's project. . . installing dimmer switches. In our previous home, there were dimmer switches in every room (a little overkill in my opinion, but the owner before us loved mood lighting, I guess). I'm not planning to replace all of our switches, but Mike got 5 rooms done yesterday and just has a couple more rooms to go. The girls especially love the new light switches in their rooms and now go to sleep at night with dimmed lights rather than bright overhead lights on.
Today is President's Day and once again, the kids are off from preschool. Last night, it sounded like we were going to potentially get 2-4 inches of snow overnight. So I went to bed last night secretly hoping Mike's office would be closed today because of snow :) But when Tyler woke up around 3am this morning, I noticed there was no snow on the ground, so I went back to sleep thinking it would be a long day alone with the kids. Between 3am-6am, it snowed a little and the 6am news was cautioning drivers about ice on the roads and road closures. But Mike left a little before 7am for the hospital. Then at 9am, I got the call I was hoping for. . . Mike's office was closed for the day because of the ice.
I could not have asked for a better Valentine's Day long weekend. I even got a break from all the kids this morning while our neighbor Kevin and his daughter Emma came over for a visit. The Daddy's watched all four kids upstairs while I tackled the laundry.
Hope everyone else had a great Valentine's Day weekend as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment