Sunday, June 6, 2010

Seven months old.

Last month I was five days overdue on posting my monthly update on Tyler.  This time I'm ten days behind.  I wanted to get our vacation on the blog, so I briefly forgot about Tyler turning seven months old on Wednesday, May 26th.  So here's some information about Tyler right now:

  • Tyler is still our happy and overly smily child.  If you smile at him, he smiles back with a huge grin. 
  • In the last few weeks, however, Tyler has been a little more fussy than usual.  I think frustration is starting to set in that he cannot move around as he would like.  Tyler has done better this month at sitting up.  He can sit up for quite a while and enjoys reaching for toys around him.  Sometimes if he reaches too far forward, he gets stuck and cannot get back up.  So he usually ends up on his belly and gets frustrated that he cannot move.  Other times he will arch himself back while sitting up and ends up on his back.  Tyler is much happier on his back, so he's usually more content if he ends up in this position.
  • This month Tyler has shown that he can roll over from his back to his tummy.  He usually does not do either though.  When he's on his tummy, it seems as if he has forgotten how to roll over to his back because when he's had enough of his tummy, he just gets upset and waits for me to help him. 
  • Now that preschool is out, Tyler's sleep schedule has become a little more regular.  He goes to bed between 6-7pm each night.  For most of last month, he was waking up around 5:30am (about an hour earlier than last month - ouch!).  But Tyler consistently takes a nap at 7:30am and usually sleeps 1.5-2 hours.  He'll then take one or two more naps in the afternoon.
  • Tyler is still babbling the same words as last month.  Still says "Ba Ba" and "Ma Ma" but that's it.  He seems to be shrieking more lately though.
  • I still nurse Tyler five times each day.  He is also eating cereal twice a day as well as fruit in the morning and a veggie/meat at night.  He always eats a full serving of cereal, but only on a rare occasion will he eat an entire jar of baby food.  He also likes Mum Mums and is trying to figure out Puffs.
  • Tyler now weighs 16lb. 10oz and measures 26 1/4 inches.   He's now wearing 6-9 month clothes for the most part, though some are still too big.  On the other hand, some of his 9-12 month rompers fit.   He is still wearing size 3 diapers.
  • Tyler still rarely uses his pacifier.  If he is overtired when I put him in his crib, I will try giving it to him to calm him down.  Usually after a minute, he takes it out and falls asleep on his own though.  I never have to give it to him while he is up during the day.  He's usually happy without anything.  But if he does want something in his mouth, he'll stick two fingers in or he also enjoys the linked rings and his toy giraffe. 
  • Last month, I thought Tyler was getting a tooth, but it appears I was wrong.  There are no signs of teeth yet.  Claire did not get her first tooth until around 13 months, so he may be following in her foot steps. 
  • Claire and Grace had dark hair as babies.  Tyler, on the other hand, still has light, almost blondish brown hair (similar hair color to mine as a baby).  
I never got around to taking a picture of Tyler in the onesie at 6 months, so here is one of him at 7 months and his picture at 5 months for comparison.


No comments:

Post a Comment