Friday, June 25, 2010

Breakthroughs.

Grace has been taking swim lessons all week at our community pool.  After the first three days, I was beginning to think the lessons were a waste of money and time.  Well, Mike took Grace to her lesson this morning, and I was so thrilled to get the call that she let go of the instructor's hands and swam on her own.  Needlesstosay, once Tyler woke up, I rushed to the pool to see for myself.  Not only was Grace swimming on her own, she was even jumping in the water and swimming to us.  I truly cannot believe this is the same girl who would not take off her swim vest five days ago.  We have one more week of lessons, so I hope this progress continues!!!!

And for the second breakthrough in our family, Tyler has not used his pacifier in one week!  He never really liked it that much, but during bible school last week, he was actually using it more than normal because we were out of our typical routine.  I feared we were going to get into a bad habit, so we made a conscious effort to not give it to him ever since then.  So far, so good!  We had to take away the pacifier from both girls at age 2 (and they both immediately stopped napping), so I will be so thrilled if this continues (and I finally have a child who naps beyond age 2)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment