- As I've said so many times, he is such a happy baby. If someone smiles at him, he gives the biggest and widest grins I've ever seen. He also gives the cutest laughs and giggles.
- Like his big sister Grace, he is not much of a cuddler. If we hold him, he will hold his head upright and look around rather than cuddle with us. His other big sister Claire was our cuddly baby.
- As I wrote in a recent post, he is a talker. Or maybe I should say he shrieks rather than talks. His sisters were loud as babies, but I actually think he wins on being the loudest and most high pitched. He will sit in his bouncy seat, happy as can be, just squealing and babbling at the highest pitch I've heard from a baby (especially a boy)!
- He is still a great sleeper. If I were to rank my kids, Grace was definitely the best and was sleeping 12 hours at night before 12 weeks. He is a close second to her and sleeps great too. We usually put him down to bed between 6-7pm and he wakes for the first time between 5-6am (so at night he has added an extra hour of sleep this month). I will feed him and then he'll go back to bed until between 8-9am. This schedule has worked out great with getting the girls ready for preschool. I get Tyler fed before the girls wake up and then while he is sleeping, I can get the girls ready for school.
- Tyler's naps during the day are not as regular as I would like because we are on the go so much, but he typically takes 2-3 naps during the day, anywhere from between 1-2 hours each time. And a lot of times, he simply falls asleep in the carseat when we are driving home in the car.
- I'm still exclusively nursing Tyler every 2-3 hours. Probably in the next few days, we will try feeding him rice cereal for the first time. Then at 6 months, we'll start some fruits and veggies.
- The other day, he weighed around 14lb. 8oz. and I think he measures around 25 inches long. He is still on the small side for boys. He is wearing all 3-6 month clothes and most fit him well, though some are still a little big. He is wearing size 3 diapers and has been for a month or two.
- He is starting to like tummy time more and more. He can roll over from his tummy to his back but has not done so recently since he is liking his tummy more. He is doing good at trying to sit up too. Maybe next month, he'll be doing this on his own.
Friday, March 26, 2010
5 months old.
This month felt like it went by so fast, probably in part because February is a few days shorter than every other month. Nevertheless, we reached the five month mark today. Tyler continues to bring so much joy to our lives. Here's some things about Tyler at five months:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment