Tuesday, October 26, 2010

'Stormy' birthday

We had some crazy weather here today.  It's the end of October and we're having unseasonably warm, humid weather, so that usually means one things when storms approach. . . tornadoes! 

Schools let out at 12:30 today, so Tyler had both of his sisters home early on his birthday.  While I was folding laundry and watching the continuous weather coverage, the girls watched TV in my bedroom and Tyler napped.  I lost count of how many times the tornado sirens went off and the meteorologists told us to "seek shelter" and "get in your safe room."  Most of the sirens were sounded because of storms in other parts of our county, but we did have two strong storm cells track over our house.  Thankfully, they never dropped a tornado, because this time we actually never made it to our tornado shelter.  Probably a stupid move on my part, but I really did not want to wake my peacefully sleeping birthday boy.  All's well that ends well!

Happy 1st Birthday Tyler!

No comments:

Post a Comment