On the eve of Tyler's 1st birthday, I realized that I never actually posted his 11 month old update. I actually drafted the writeup below on the 8th of October and forgot about it, so here it is, almost one month late :)
Tyler turned 11 months old on Sunday, September 26! Here is how Tyler has changed since my last post about him.
- Tyler now has four teeth...two on bottom, two on top! He's still sucking on his lip and keeping his fingers in his mouth, so the other two on top should be coming soon.
- Tyler is still crawling all over the place. He pretty much gave up the "army" crawl entirely this month and moves around the house fast now.
- He found the stairs this past month and heads for them any chance he gets. It took me a while, but I finally got the gate up at the bottom of the stairs today.
- He's not too interested in trying to walk while holding our hands yet. He'd prefer to pull himself up on any table and stroll around that way.
- Last week I turned on a Baby Einstein video for him for the first time. . . definitely the third child because I think I resorted to these a lot earlier with the first two. He's such a busy body that I did not think he'd sit to watch one, but after a few attempts he's actually enjoying them. He does, however, have to stand up in his chair and bang on the table the entire time it is on.
- Tyler has been consistently taking two naps and sleeping from around 7pm to 6-6:30am (except for two weeks this month when he was getting up at 5:30am - love the teething).
- Compared to the girls, Tyler is not the greatest eater. He loves all fruit, waffles, pancakes, peas, yogurt, turkey lunch meat, crackers, Kix cereal, and some meat. When he does not like something, he is very good at spitting it out and throwing it on the floor. I tried to mix small pieces of broccoli with some meat the other day and he managed to eat the meat and spit out the broccoli. He still nurses 3 times a day, but we're almost ready to switch to whole milk as he mastered the sippy cup this month.
- Tyler loves bathtime more than the girls ever did. He holds onto the side while I'm filling the tub with water and bounces up and down squealing with excitement that he will soon get in. Once in the tub he loves putting his face entirely under water, splashes constantly and crawls back and forth. He'll barely sit still long enough for me to actually bathe him :)
- He's still babbling the same words as last month, mainly sticking to 'Ma Ma, Ba Ba, and Da Da..'
- When I weighed Tyler on around his 10 month birthday, he weighed 20lbs. 5oz. He's wearing 12 month clothing and still wearing size 4 diapers.

div>
No comments:
Post a Comment