Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cabin fever

It's been a long 36 hours in our house.  Around 10pm Tuesday night, Tyler woke up screaming.  When I checked on him, he was burning up and his temperature was 103.  After giving him tylenol, we tried to put him back to bed, but that was short lived and he ended up sleeping next to me (although I'm not sure you can say we really slept).  Fortunately, Tyler was better by the next morning.  Claire, however, was another story.  She woke up cranky yesterday, but was not complaining about anything, so we got ready for preschool.  Yet, within minutes of leaving, I noticed her warm head.  Throughout the day yesterday, her temperature rose to as high as 103 and she vomited three times.  Thankfully the anti-nausea meds worked and she is now keeping liquid down, but the fever still remains, even with tylenol.  So we're stuck inside when it's beautiful outside.  Hopefully, we'll be back to normal by the weekend because it's a busy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment