Tyler turned 9 months old on Monday, July 26. He had his 9 month checkup that day and is growing well. He is slightly anemic, but that's nothing new with our kids. Thank goodness Grace was the only child we had to give iron drops to. Since Tyler turned 9 months old, we've been busy preparing and getting Grace to kindergarten, so once again, I'm tardy in posting about Tyler. Here is how Tyler has changed since last month:
- About two weeks after his first tooth erupted, the second bottom tooth popped through as well. He's been much happier since then with no signs of other teeth right now.
- The day after turning 9 months old, Tyler started crawling. He had been moving in circles for quite some time and was good at reaching and rolling to get where he wanted, but started moving across the room on July 27. He is my first child to "army crawl" so his little toes have blisters from using them to push himself forward. The first few days he was so slow crawling this way, but now he's fast and getting into everything (everything he shouldn't, that is). So different than the girls. The girls never seemed to crawl to anything other than their toys!
- Last time I wrote, Tyler was fighting going to sleep at night. He's been better about going down at night lately and will usually fall asleep between 6-7pm. He wakes up in the morning around 6am. As much as I'd like for him to sleep longer in the morning, at least it will not be much of adjustment when school starts next week. I think we have to be at the bus stop around 7:30am, so we should not have any problems getting up for that in our house. Tyler consistently takes two naps. He's usually down for his morning nap between 7:30 and 8:00 and his afternoon nap around 1pm. Some days he fights going down for naps, but usually gives in and sleeps well. I'm not looking forward to trying to adjust our nap schedule becasue of school this month!
- I nurse Tyler 4 times a day. He was eating cereal twice a day, but due to his slightly low iron, we've added a third serving of cereal. I think the girls were both exclusively eating table food by now, but baby food has been so much easier for us that we're still eating that primarily. Tyler loves his Cheerios and has enjoyed cut up bananas, so this month I will try to introduce more table food.
- Tyler still babbles, but pretty much says the same things he's said since he started babbling. "Ma Ma" is still the most distinctive.
- Tyler still loves to grab anything and is trying to pull up. He pulls up to his knees all the time and just starting getting up on his feet. This past month, we finally lowered his crib to the middle level.
- At his 9 month doctor's appointment, Tyler now weighs 18lb. 5oz. and measures 27 inches. He is in the 13 percentile for weight and the 14 percentile height. He's still wearing both 6-9 month clothing and 9-12 month clothing. He started wearing size 4 diapers this past month.
Here's Tyler's 9 month old picture in his onesie. I took this last week and was amazed he actually stayed on the ottoman long enough for me to snap some pictures. Of course, right when I was finished, he rolled off and got a little bruise on his nose :)
No comments:
Post a Comment