I thought Labor Day weekend was going to be our last chance to go to the pool this season, but it turns out our neighborhood pool will be open through September without lifeguards. So I'm hoping we can find some time (in between football games) to make it back to the pool at some point.
Three Saturdays ago, I took the girls to the pool and brought my camera along. Ever since we had a cryptosporidium outbreak at the pool in July, Mike has refused to go back. The pool is not his favorite place, so I love how he always seems to find an excuse why he should not go :) And for those of you who do not know what cryptosporidium is, I can tell you from experience that it is something you never want to have. That's what Claire and I ended up having when we were so sick in July. Fortunately, our pool was closed by the health department the end of July to disinfect the pool. Unfortunately, the infection had been there for two weeks prior to that, so a lot of people got sick.
Okay, enough of that. Here are the pictures. Sorry there are so many.
Here is Grace's usual routine when we first get to the pool. . . playing on the steps and swimming by the side.

Claire's my scaredy-cat when it comes to most things, including the pool. She does not want to wear the vest anymore so she's either holding on to the side or the ladder at first.

Since Mike thought he was going to get sick with cryptosporidium, he stayed home with Tyler and Grandma joined us at the pool. Claire was just slightly excited to see her.

That is, until she decided to brave the water with Grandma and got water up her nose :)

So she decided it might be more fun to make a friend and play with that girl's teacups for a while.


Time for Grace to swim across the pool.

And then back.

Then it's time to dive.


No comments:
Post a Comment