Tyler turned 10 months old on Thursday, August 26, almost 3 weeks ago! Yes, once again, I'm quite behind :) Here is how Tyler has changed since my last post about him.
- Tyler still has two teeth. He constantly keeps two fingers in his month, so I keep expecting another tooth to pop through, but as of today, I have not seen one.
- Tyler is crawling all over the place. He still "army crawls," but a couple of weeks ago, he finally figured out how to get his belly off the ground and use his knees, so he alternates between both. He definitely keeps me on my toes as he gets into everything. . . so different from his sisters. With the girls, I put covers over the outlets, but they never touched them. He's already found them and keeps pulling the nightlights out. He also loves to open kitchen cabinet doors and drawers, so for the first time ever, we'll be putting latches on those. Tyler's other favorite household toy is the door stops. He can lie there, hit them and listen to them go 'bong' for minutes. In general, he just seems to have figured things out faster than his sisters did. Maybe I'm forgeting, but I felt like it took Grace forever to figure out how toys worked (e.g., how to open the window and flip the light switch on the Fisher Price house). Tyler, on the other hand, seems to just know what to do.
- Tyler has been consistently taking two naps and sleeping from around 7pm to 6-6:30am. He loves my company so much that he usually cries for a little while everytime I put him down :)
- This last month we have moved away from baby food and now Tyler is eating the same food we are. Most of the time he eats what I give him, but if not, mixing it with yogurt works beautifully. He loves most fruit, bread and crackers, but is not crazy about meat and veggies anymore. He still nurses 3 times a day. As he's never had a bottle other than his time in the NICU, he's still working on mastering the sippy cup.
- Tyler has been babbling more this last month, saying 'Ma Ma, Ba Ba, Da Da, and Hi.'
- Tyler pulls up on everything now and is trying to walk while holding on to things.
- When I took Tyler's 10 month picture (okay, really 10 1/2 months) on September 8, he weighed 19lb. 15oz and measured 27 3/4 inches, so he gained 1lb. 10oz. in 1 1/2 months! He's wearing 12 month clothing and still wearing size 4 diapers.
Here's Tyler in his onesie at 10 1/2 months old. As I learned last month, he's way too mobile to be put on the ottoman anymore, so we're now using a blanket.
No comments:
Post a Comment