Now, here's some information about Tyler right now:
- Last month, I was commenting that Tyler had been a little fussier than usual. The reason finally presented itself a few days after Tyler turned 8 months old. . . a tooth! With both my girls, I never knew they were cutting a tooth until after the tooth had popped through. It appears, however, that Tyler does not have as high of a pain tolerance because he is constantly letting us know his displeasure about teething and always pushes my hand away anytime I get close to his mouth.
- Tyler has been sitting up for a while, but this past month, I finally felt as if I could sit him down and not worry about him falling forward or backward and hurting himself. He can now reach forward or sideways to reach for toys and can get himself back up without help. He's been trying to pull up on things but is not strong enough yet.
- This month, Tyler started sleeping on his belly at night and during naps. It amazes me that last month, he really did not like being on his belly at all and now wants to be on his belly when he sleeps.
- Tyler is not crawling, but he gets on all fours and rocks back and forth. He's figured out how to move around though by reaching and rolling or pushing himself backward.
- Before Tyler started teething, he was sleeping great. Now he's fighting going to sleep at night and usually wakes up once during the night. When I check on him, two fingers are in his mouth and he will not go back to sleep unless I feed him or let him sleep with me. And then I don't sleep well because he moves around a lot in his sleep! On typical (non-teething pain) nights though, he'll go to bed around 7pm and get up between 6-7am. He's usually back to bed for nap between 8-9am and sleeps around 1-2 hours. Then he usually takes just one afternoon nap starting around 1pm.
- I still nurse Tyler 4-5 times each day. He is also eating cereal twice a day and a fruit in the morning and a veggie/meat at night. He's still eating Mum Mums and has figured out how to pick up the Puffs and can sometimes get them in his mouth. He started eating Cheerios the other day. He'll pick those up but for some reason won't put them in his mouth.
- Tyler still babbles the same words. Mostly says "Ba Ba" and sometimes "Ma Ma" but that's still it. He's still as high pitched as ever.
- Tyler loves to grab anything, especially faces and hair, and he'll squeeze and pinch with all his might. The girls have learned at times to not get so close!
- Tyler now weighs 17lb. 10oz and measures 26 3/4 inches. He gained one pound from last month and finally looks like he is filling out with some cute pudgy legs. He's been wearing both 6-9 month clothing and 9-12 month clothing. He is still wearing size 3 diapers.
- We have not used a pacifier at all this month so it's officially gone. Instead at night, he is using a blankie. His favorite right now is the Angel Dear Monkey that the Senna's gave him. Claire has a pig one that she still likes to sleep with, so I decided to buy Tyler some other animals to have on hand. They are all so cute.


No comments:
Post a Comment